This classic Italian dish is as delicious as it is quick to prepare, making it a perfect weeknight meal! Bright bursts of flavor from the lemon zest combine with gentle notes of spice from red pepper flakes.
This pasta has just the right amount of flavor to stand on its own as a main dish, however won’t overpower an entree when served as a side dish.
- Serves: 4
- Prep time: 5 min
- Cooking time: 15 min
- 400 gr of linguine pasta
- 100 ml of olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 1 small red chili
- ½ cup of roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- freshly grated Parmesan, to serve
- Cook the linguine pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water according to the packet instructions.
- About 4 minutes before the pasta is ready, heat 100 ml of olive oil in a large frying pan and sauté the garlic and chilli.
- When the garlic turns nut-brown, add ½ cup of hot pasta water to stop the garlic cooking any further. Remove from the heat while you drain the pasta.
- Return the pan to high heat and add the pasta, parsley and a little more olive oil. Keep tossing the pasta.
- The pasta water and oil will emulsify, thickening and coating the linguine pasta. Season to taste with salt and pepper and sprinkle with parmesan, if you like.